Wednesday 29 December 2010



The albums above show what I have been listening to the most this year. There have been some amazing releases and these only show a small selection of the great and varied delights from the past twelve months.
Caribou, Best Coast, Beach House and Tame Impala probably made the greatest impression on me. All stunning, exciting and beautiful records. I don't think I would have guessed that any of those bands would feature so highly on this list if I would have had to guess at the end of last year.
Gonja Sufi, and Flying Lotus showed great invention while Panthe du Prince made a great album for the snow. The Gyangs album is amazing, Field Music is very well done and Isobel Campbell surprised me with a beautiful album that is very listenable.
there have been so many other good albums this year as well. I really liked Lindstrom and Christabelle, Vampire Weekend, Sun Araw, Avey Tare, Shangaan Electro, Deerhunter and there have been great compilations from Woodsist, Brownswood and Soundway. What more can you ask for?

No comments:

Post a Comment